Bet99 Review by Julian Miller
We reviewed Bet99 to give you an idea of how good of a sportsbook it is. We found it to be an excellent sportsbook, and a strong addition to the Canadian sports betting scene. Despite a couple hiccups around customer service, there’s plenty of reason to sign up for a Bet99 account today.
Bet99 Sportsbook Review
Bet99 is one of the newest sportsbooks but has been making waves in Canada. We thought it was a great opportunity to try it out ourselves to see what we were really working with when it came to Bet99 Sportsbook. Then we decided we would let all of you know about what we found.
Bet99 Sportsbook Likes and Dislikes
After a thorough Bet99 sportsbook review, here’s what stood out both in terms of what impressed us and what Bet99 can improve on.
Bet99 Sportsbook Likes
- Betting Markets – I was impressed by just how many different sports and sometimes non-sports are offered by Bet99 Canada. All the major sports are represented but I loved that I had the chance to bet on Darts, Table Tennis, and Badminton. There is also a Specials option on the left side that offers events like the Oscars, Eurovision, and political elections to bet on.
- Popular Bets – This feature, found on the right side of the site, gives bettors insight on the most popular bets of the day. It’s a great way to become aware of trends and where the smart money may be going. It’s also helpful for those that have adopted the strategy of betting against the public.
- Deposit/Withdrawal Options – I really appreciated the many different options available for depositing and withdrawing funds. Being able to use Visa/Mastercard, several popular online options, and cryptocurrency just means Bet99 Sportsbook is more available for people which is a plus in my view.
Bet99 Sportsbook Dislikes
- Customer Service – Overall the customer service was not bad but I did have one negative experience and as we all know, sometimes that’s all it takes to sour on something.
- Odds – Bet99 offers middle-of-the-road odds which is just okay. Their odds aren’t bad but they left something to be desired compared to other sportsbooks which beat the Las Vegas averages, or have a sport for which their odds pricing excels, Bet99 would likely be my sportsbook of choice.
Overall, I really do like Bet99. It’s a fun sportsbook and the many, many options for betting markets and ease of use really endeared me to positively recommend Bet99 Sportsbook to all of you.
|License & regulation:||Ontario Kahnawake Gaming Commission|
|Contact information:||[email protected]|
|Sponsorship Deals:||Georges St. Pierre, NHL, Montreal Alouettes, Auston Matthews|
|Headquarters:||66 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5K 1E6 CA|
|Contact information/Support:||[email protected], LiveChat|
|Payment Methods:||Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Interac e-transfer, INSTADEBIT, iDebit, Flexepin, ecoPayz, Coinspaid|
|Deposit Methods:||Visa, MasterCard, Interac, MuchBetter, INSTADEBIT, iDebit, Flexepin, Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ethereum, ecoPayz|
|Withdrawal Methods:||Same as Deposit Methods|
|Payout time:||Within three days|
|Top Features:||Fully licensed, large selection of sports betting markets, fast payouts|
|Apps Devices:||iOS and Android|
|Casino game types:||Over 2,000 games including Slots, Blackjack, Roulette, and Poker|
Bet99 Sports Overview
My first impressions of the Bet99 Sportsbook were positive. The website looks nice and clean. It is not too cluttered and doesn’t look too busy. Near the top you’ll see links to access different options like live bets, player props, the casino, a help section, and others.
Just below these links you’ll see different sporting events and promotions and odd boosts scroll across. A great way to take advantage of special deals and find out what to bet on.
As you scroll down, you’ll see an extensive list of sports markets on the left, odds for different live sports events in the middle, and a list of popular bets along the right.
Some users may appreciate that you can toggle the website between English and French. You can also switch to a light theme for the website from the default dark.
The registration process is fairly easy and can be completed in mere minutes.
You can tell Bet99 Canada really values their customers because they really put out all the stops when it comes to promotions and welcome bonuses. They’re all described in detail further below but I was impressed with how many different promotions they are currently running. Plus the great value in each.
But the main thing that struck me was just the incredible amount of sports being offered. That was really an eye-opener for me with such a new sportsbook. It’s definitely a feature that will have me coming back for more..
Bet99 Score & Rating
Bonuses and Promotions: Bet99 offers a good number of bonuses and promotions and seems to have daily odds boosts in different sports which is another excellent benefit for players looking for any edge.
Mobile Compatibility and Apps: Overall the Bet99 site is easy to use. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some may not be impressed with the aesthetics but you are able to toggle between light and dark mode. Switching between English and French is another underrated plus. The only problem is that sometimes the site took a little while to load.
Banking and Payout Speed: As previously mentioned, Bet99 Sportsbook offers an impressive number of payment and withdrawal options. This flexibility is a welcome sight to bettors in Canada. It can take some time to withdraw funds especially your first time when identity verification is required but other than that it appears to be a usually smooth process.
Key Features: Bet99 Sportsbook has some strong key features. Popular Bets and In Play live bets can really enhance the betting experience and the sheer amount of sports markets offered is tantalizing. Bet99 could however improve in the amount of player props they offer as well as live streaming more sports.
Security and Trust: This is probably where Bet99 shines the most. They’ve seemed to have made a strong effort to ensure your money and security is safe with them and that makes Bet99 Sportstbook a trusted, legitimate choice for betting in Canada.
Customer Support: While you can email for questions and chat 24/7, the live agent customer service was found to be a bit lacking. You can read the Customer Support section for more details if interested.
Bet99 sports bonuses and promotions
Bet99 has some great sports specific bonuses running right now and you can be sure they’ll be introducing more great offers as more leagues start their seasons this year.
Here’s a breakdown of the current Bet99 bonuses running.
- There’s currently an NHL Bonus offer set to expire soon. If you place a minimum $50 NHL pre-game bet at -200 odds or better , you’ll get a $10 bonus bet added to your account. It’s a nice little bonus win for wagering on some puck. Even if you miss this offer, Bet99 will provide similar ones throughout the year.
- There’s also currently a Bet99 Parlay Boost. With this you get a %20 bonus added to winning parlays up to $1,000. Terms and conditions apply so be sure to read up on those to understand exactly what you have to do to get the bonus.
- Along with these great promos, there are always Boosted Odds markets you can access on the main screen on the left.
If bonus bets are what really excite you, check out our list of the best ones available here: best free bet offers.
Bet99 Casino bonuses:
Casino games are a big draw on the Bet99 app and site. So it makes sense they’re running several different casino bonuses and promotions currently. These are easy to find by just clicking on Promotions near the top of the site. Here’s a list of current ongoing bonuses.
- Expiring on March 19th, the Bet99 St. Patrick’s Gifts promo offers up to 400 free spins.
- The Bet99 March Race, expiring at the end of March, divides a $5,000 prize pool with the top 30 positions winning cash.
- The ongoing Drops and Wins promotion offers “Cash Prizes all day long” allowing you to win a share of $2,500,000 in cash prizes and is running until May 3rd.
- The Spinomenal Grand Tour Tournament has a prize pool of $140,000 and is running until April 26th.
Bet99 really makes a great effort to enhance your sports betting and casino playing experience with so many wonderful offers. If you’re looking for the best promo offers in all of Canada, make sure you check out the best online sports betting bonuses..
Bet99 Sports Welcome Package
Welcome bonus packages are different from other promotions and bonuses because these are usually one-time deals for new customers. As such, they can sometimes be very generous as so many new sportsbooks are competing with each other for your business.
Bet99 does offer a generous Casino Welcome Package and Welcome Bonus but we’re mostly concerning ourselves with the Sportsbook Welcome Bonus which is generous in its own right and how one can sign up for it.
Bet99 Welcome Bonus
The Bet99 welcome bonus gives a 100% deposit match up to $500.
This means your first deposit after signing up is matched in funds by Bet99 all the way up to $500. You will need to make a minimum $20 deposit.
Your deposit match will show up as bonus credits right away but you must bet that bonus amount five times over before the bonus credits are released to you to use.
You must also do that within the first 30 days or your bonus bets will expire. Still, if you’re planning on betting regularly, this is a great bonus to receive and fares better than many other sportsbooks.
How to claim Bet99 Welcome Bonus
- Click the claim button above to make a Bet99 account.
- Deposit a minimum of $20 to claim a 100% matched bonus up to $500 of your initial deposit.
- Wager 5X your deposit bonus within 30 days of signing up for the offer.
- Use your bet credits however you wish!
Bet99 Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
I’m sure most of you know but it cannot be emphasized enough how important it is to read through the basic terms and conditions before signing up for any new membership. You always want to know exactly what you’re getting into.
With that being said, here are some of the key terms and conditions of the Bet99 Welcome Bonus.
- Available to new BET99 customers only.
- Your qualifying bonus must be wagered five times, on sports betting markets with odds of -125 or higher (-110, +100 etc) before you can withdraw your bonus and any winnings resulting from it. For parlays, each leg must meet the minimum odds requirement of -125 or higher.
- Bets that are cashed out do not qualify.
- The offer is limited to one per household, IP address, device, email address, or payment details. Previous account holders are not eligible for the offer.
- Withdrawals requested before the bonus wagering requirements have been met may result in cancellation of the promotions and any funds in your Sports Bonus Account may be forfeited.
- The bonus amount must be wagered five times.
- The wagering requirements must be met within 30 days of your first deposit. Otherwise the bonus will expire and funds in your Sports Welcome Bonus will be forfeited.
- Wagers placed on Player Props markets do not count towards the Sports Welcome Bonus wagering requirements.
- BET99 reserves the right to amend, cancel, or refuse this promotion at any time.
As you can see, there’s a lot of conditions attached to any welcome bonus promotion and that goes for all sportsbooks. The Bet99 promotion is actually one of the better ones I’ve seen across sportsbooks in Canada.
Still, right now is a great time to take advantage of the many competitive sign up offers for sportsbooks sites throughout the country. We’ve helped you out with our list of betting sites with welcome bonus.
Bet99 Sports best features
Each and every sportsbook offers features to help it stand out from the crowd. How well they build up those features can really determine the cream of the crop. Here are the main features of Bet99 Sportsbook and how well they fared in our review.
Bet99 In Play
Live bets are very popular right now and just a great way to increase your enjoyment of any game you’re watching. Knowledgeable fans can spot trends while watching an event then turn to their favorite app to wager a live bet and take advantage of their expertise.
Thankfully, Bet99 offers a lot of in-game live betting. This is a great feature of the sportsbook and ensures the Bet99 product can hold its own versus their competitors in Canada. As for their competitors, here’s a handy list of where else you can place live bets: live betting Canada.
Bet99 Player Props
Player props are another interesting sports betting feature. Here, instead of betting on the game, you are speculating on player performance. You might choose a player to get over a certain amount of goals or assists or yards passing. The odds are different and parlays are popular for these types of bets since they increase the payout.
Personally, I find myself watching more sporting events because I placed a player prop parlay. Say that three times fast. I’ve enjoyed getting excited when my bet is almost going to hit. The only drawback with Bet99 is that they could offer more and better player prop plays.
Bet99 Popular Bets
This is a neat feature that shows which bets are being made the most across the country. It provides both options and insight letting you know what the biggest upcoming events are as well as helping you notice any trends that might influence your potential wager.
With all these great features, Bet99 Sportsbook avails itself well when compared to the leading sportsbooks in Canada, a list of which you can find right here: Canadian sports betting sites..
Bet99 Sports Coverage
Bet99 does a great job with sports coverage, meaning how many sports markets they provide access to. As I’ve mentioned before, you can wager on just about any sport you can think and even find ones you didn’t know existed. For our review, we’ll be covering the major ones offered by Bet99 Sportsbook.
It’s no surprise that Hockey is the most popular sport bet on at Bet99 Sportsbook. They offer a great variety of hockey options. With the NHL heating up leading into the playoffs, Bet99 also offers hockey leagues throughout Europe and even Asia. Here’s our list of the top hockey betting sites.
Much like the NHL, the NBA is gearing up for the postseason which makes for exciting times for sports bettors. And similar to hockey, Bet99 offers many international basketball betting options. The variety of bets that can be placed, such as player props are an added bonus. Check out our list of the top online basketball betting sites.
Baseball season is fast upon us — and looks like it might be the most wagered on sport in the summer in Canada. Bet99 does not disappoint, offering excellent wagering options on America’s pastime.
The NFL does not start until much later in the year but it is the only major sport that Bet99 currently offers live streaming for. Bookmark this page when the NFL season comes around to check out our list of best NFL betting sites.
Soccer of course is not forgotten and Bet99 offers all the major soccer leagues. In fact, Soccer has the most markets of any sport offered by Bet99. Take a look and bet on your league of choice. If you’re interested, here’s our list of the top soccer betting sites.
Bet99 sponsorship deals
Bet99 currently promotes sponsorship deals with Georges St. Pierre, the NHL, the Montreal Alouettes, and Auston Matthews.
Bet99 Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
Bet99 offers the basic betting markets you’ll find at virtually any respectable sportsbook. Here’s a quick breakdown.
Bet99 Betting Markets:
- Point Spreads – Maybe the most popular betting market to wager on, this is choosing the winner of a contest against the line set by oddsmakers. The favorite might be expected by the oddsmakers to win by 3 points so you can bet on them to do so or bet their opponent at +3 to win.
- Over/Under – This is another popular market where the oddsmakers set the line for the total expected points in a game and you can wager if the actual game total will be above or below that line or over or under.
- Futures – This is placing a bet on a future outcome. Some popular bets for this include choosing who will win the next Super Bowl or Stanley Cup before the season begins.
- Player Props – This is betting on player performance within a game. One can bet on a player to score over or under a certain amount of points, goals, or touchdowns.
Bet99 Types of Bets Available
Bet99 offers the traditional markets mentioned above but also the following.
- Live Bets – These are bets on outcomes during a game that has already started. Point spreads, over/unders, and player props can change once play is underway and this type of bet allows one to take advantage of what they are seeing in real time.
- Period Bets – There are bets for any matchup for who might win a particular period or quarter of the game. It could be who leads after a certain period or scores the most points in a certain period.
- Parlay Bets – The ever popular parlay bet for those that think they can really beat the odds. This bet allows you to place multiple bets together to increase your payout if you win.
Bet99 Sports mobile apps
The Bet99 app gets high marks for ease of use and look, making it easier for those of us on the go to get a few wagers in by gametime. You can download the Bet99 app for Android and iOS. Both the Bet99 app Android and iOS versions can also be downloaded from the Bet99 website.
In our experience, the Bet99 app was easy to use and compared well with other popular sportsbooks in Canada. Once you’ve tried out a few of the apps, you tend to notice most follow a similar format and Bet99 is no different which is a positive in my opinion.
This also seems like a good time to let you know about another helpful tool we like to provide for you. Betting apps Canada gives you the lowdown on the tops available in the country.
Bet99 banking options
One of the more standout features of the Bet99 sportsbook is the impressive selection of popular options for deposits, payments, and withdrawals. This is only a positive for sports bettors and those interested in the many casino games Bet99 offers as it opens the sportsbook up to more of the people.
Currently, Bet99 accepts deposits and withdrawals from the following: Visa, MasterCard, Interac, MuchBetter, INSTADEBIT, iDebit, Flexepin, Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ethereum, and ecoPayz. Some of the most popular Canadian options plus the ability to accept crypto.
The minimum deposit is $20. When you sign up or anytime you wish to, you can update deposit and betting limits if you’re worried you may spend beyond your means. It’s a great way to keep your head level in the game. As you’ll see shortly, transferring your money with Bet99 is completely safe and secure as well.
Is Bet99 legal in Canada? Can we trust betting on Bet99 Sportsbook?
Single-game sports betting was legalized in Canada in August of 2021 or at least the question of allowing it was left up to each province. For this reason, there has been some confusion on where sports betting is permitted in Canada and how secure it is.
But we are happy to report that Bet99 was started with a specific focus on Canada so the legal hurdles have been cleared by the company and Bet99 is known as a very safe and secure sports betting site available in all of Canada.
They are licensed and regulated by the Mohawk Territory Kahnawake Gaming Commission, a highly reputable group that was actually the first strictly online gaming commission in world history! So all is good from a legality and security standpoint.
For those interested, here’s a link to a list of legal betting sites in Canada.
Bet99 Customer Support
Overall, Bet99 makes a good effort when it comes to overall customer support but I think there is much room for improvement. There’s no link or section titled FAQs which many users instinctually look for on websites like this but there is a Help option across the top of the betting site.
We did find the Help section a little lacking. It has several questions and answers but nothing about the withdrawal process or withdrawal options. That seemed odd. However, if you scroll all the way down on the main page, you can find a link to their withdrawal policy in the very bottom section of the Bet99 site.
So, as I was having some slight trouble fully understanding my deposit options, I did contact customer service via chat. There’s a chat bubble icon in a green circle at the bottom right of the site which is easy to spot if you need some help.
I received a response immediately, which was nice until I realized it was a chatbot. It gave the usual subject links to click on to get my question answered. But since perusing the FAQs on the Help page had led me here, I opted to speak to an agent.
To my satisfaction a live agent immediately hopped on to field my questions. With that said, the agent tended to reroute me to the FAQs; when I asked what deposit methods were available, they sent me links to the FAQs and the very page I was already on!
I explained how the information I needed simply wasn’t listed there and asked again. At this point, it seemed the agent knew as much about the site as I did as they did not respond for a few minutes and came back with a vague answer. This did not instill confidence that I would get the right answer.
I had to clarify again and I eventually was able to get an answer though it felt like pulling teeth. It ended up taking me about twenty minutes to find out the deposit options were the same as the payment options but you had to use the exact option to deposit before it could be eligible to withdraw to.
I did try the chat with a live agent once more to test it on the weekend. Although I was connected to a live agent right away, I have to say, again, I came away not impressed. The chatbot actually seemed to know more and respond quicker. It took a few minutes for the agent to answer each of my questions. This lowered my confidence in the answer.
Not the best experience by any means but at least I can tell you know so you won’t have to go through the same thing. This is the way.
Bet99 How to Guide
So you read our Bet99 sportsbook review and you’ve decided Bet99 is the sportsbook for you in Canada. Glad we could be of service. To further help you, here’s a simple step by step guide for how to open an account, how to place a bet, and how to make a withdrawal.
How to open an account on Bet99
Opening an account with Bet99 Canada is pretty straightforward. Check out the promotions page for any welcome bonuses then click to get started. After just a few screens of entering basic personal information, you’re ready to get started betting!
You may be asked to submit documentation verifying your identity but that would happen later or when you make your first withdrawal. It’s also a very safe and secure process. All in all, it takes just a couple quick minutes. Here’s how it works.
- Click on the welcome bonus to go to the Sign Up screen.
- On the first screen, you create a username and password.
- Then enter your contact information.
- On the next screen enter your address. This verifies you are a resident of Canada.
- Then you decide your betting limits which is a great way to manage your funds and finally select Create Account.
How to place a bet
Once your account has been created, you’ll simply follow the prompts to make a deposit of at least $20 so you can get started wagering on your favorite sports!
Bet99 sports betting is pretty easy on the website or the Bet99 app once you have your Bet99 login. Just choose the sport you’re interested in on the left, pick one of the live events in the middle, or go with one of the trending popular bets on the right.
Don’t forget there are also live bets and player props you can access across the top of your screen. Bet99 gives you a great selection of sports and bets to make and makes it easy to place your wager. Here’s what you do.
- Once you’ve found the wager you want to make, select it.
- Your betslip will appear near the top right.
- Build a parlay if you’d like.
- Enter your wager amount.
- Place your bet!
Bet99 offers a smooth and easy process which bettors can really appreciate. The large number of sports and ability to place live bets are also a bettor’s dream.
How to request a withdrawal
Whenever you’re ready to withdraw money from your account, hopefully after winning a few plays, here’s how the process works.
If it’s your first time withdrawing, Bet99 will ask for identity verification to make sure it’s really you. Don’t worry, we believe you. This can take up to three business days. To speed it up, make sure you have your government-issued passport, national ID, or driver’s license. The steps are straightforward.
- Use your Bet99 login in to sign into your account.
- Go to your account and select Withdrawal
- Select the option you want to use for withdrawal. You’ll have the same options you have for deposits.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Follow any prompts for identity verification.
- Funds are usually transferred to you within three business days.
Unless you are using Interac, you’ll need to use a Bet99 withdrawal option that you have previously used to deposit money. Once you do so, you are good to go!.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bet99
Bet99 is pretty new. Are they a legitimate betting site?
Am I charged a fee for withdrawing money?
Julian Miller is a Canadian writer and an avid sports fan. He has years of experience in the iGaming industry, having started writing while completing his university studies in Montreal, Quebec. In 2022, he graduated, and has since been working full-time in the iGaming space. He has a particular fondness for the English Premier League — though he also has plenty of experience covering football, basketball, and other sports.