Spreads.ca Review by Julian Miller
In general, Spreads.ca provides a fantastic betting experience specifically focused on Canadians. You’ll find an easy-to-navigate online interface, a vast selection of sports and betting markets, and several Canadian-friendly payment methods. Plus, the small hiccups I came across were quickly resolved, thanks to the amazing customer support team.
Spreads.ca Sportsbook Review
Spreads.CA is a top sportsbook option for Canadians. If you’re located in the Great White North and you’re looking to bet on sporting events, Spreads.CA is a great choice due to its strong number of betting markets, nice design, and Canadian-focus. This guide will cover everything there is to know about the Spreads.CA Sportsbook so that you can make the most informed decision on if you’re going to join.
Spreads.ca Sportsbook Likes and Dislikes
Similar to most Canadian sports betting platforms, Spreads.ca Canada has several strengths as well as some shortcomings. Below, you’ll find some of the most significant advantages and disadvantages I came across during my time using the Spreads.ca sports betting platform:
Spreads.ca Sportsbook Likes
- Amazing selection of sports & markets: One of the strongest points of Spreads.ca is its extensive sports coverage. You’ll find almost 30 different sports and events to bet on, which include leagues and championships from all over the world. Plus, most sports come with many options for different betting markets, so you can find the best one
- Simple & modern website design: All new betting sites in Canada need a well-designed website that’s simple to navigate, and Spreads.ca doesn’t disappoint. With its sleek design and simple layout, it’s one of the easiest websites to navigate through. Everything is well-organized and laid out in a user-friendly manner, regardless of whether you’re browsing from your computer or smartphone.
- Local sportsbook that focuses on Canadians: Since Spreads.ca is a native Canadian sportsbook, it knows the ins and outs of the Canadian market very well. It features the top sports and leagues Canadians are interested in, as well as many Canadian-friendly banking options. To top it all off, 24/7 customer support is available in both English and French.
Spreads.ca Sportsbook Dislikes
- Withdrawal can take a while to complete: Despite offering a few different withdrawal options, the payout times on Spread.ca can be lengthy, with each payment requiring 2-7 business days to complete. However, this delay is due to the additional security measures taken to ensure there’s no fraud and your money arrives safely in your account.
- Lacks a dedicated app for iPhone: With mobile sports betting apps being so prominent, it’s a shame that Spreads.ca doesn’t have dedicated app support for iPhones. However, the sportsbook provides a very mobile-friendly website, and there’s still the Spreads.ca app for Android, so you can take your betting on the go.
All in all, Spreads.ca is definitely one of the best options among legal betting sites in Canada. Even though the sportsbook has some shortcomings, the overall sports coverage, variety of betting markets, and Canadian-friendly approach make it a worthwhile option for all Canadians to consider.
|License & regulation:||Kahnawake Gaming Commission, licence no: 0833 (May 9th, 2018)|
|Contact information:||[email protected]|
|Headquarters:||10120 rue Kolipaio Wôlinak, Quebec G0X 1B0.|
|Contact information/Support:||[email protected], 24/7 live chat, ticket form|
|Payment Methods:||VISA, MasterCard, Interac, iDebit, InstaDebit, Instant EFT Bank Transfer, NeoSurf|
|Deposit Methods:||Interac, MasterCard, VISA, InstaDebit, NeoSurf, iDebit, Instant EFT Bank Transfer|
|Withdrawal Methods:||Instant EFT Bank Transfer, iDebit, InstaDebit|
|Payout time:||2-7 business days|
|Top Features:||Same Game Parlay, Live Betting, Boosted Odds|
|Apps Devices:||Android, Desktop|
|Odds Providers:||Draft Kings|
|Casino game types:||Slots, Jackpots, Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Video Poker, Live Dealer Games|
Spreads.ca Sports Overview
Throughout my experience with Spreads.ca Canada, I was able to look through the sportsbook’s online platform and familiarize myself with the features it has to offer. I came across several aspects that make it an excellent Canadian sports betting site, as well as a couple of weaknesses that could use some improvement.
Every great betting experience starts with a generous welcome package. After all, how do you expect to attract new customers if you don’t give them the incentive to join?
Spreads.ca gave me mixed feelings compared to other betting sites with a welcome bonus. To begin with, you get a no-deposit sign-up bonus of 10 free spins for a jackpot prize, which is a nice starter that doesn’t involve any risk. When it comes to your first deposit bonus, you’ll get a $50 free bet if you deposit $25 or more. This deposit bonus is a lot smaller than what other sportsbooks provide, but at least it only requires a small deposit to receive.
In terms of other bonuses, you’ll find plenty of daily and weekly promos, as well as sports-specific offers and boosted odds that will satisfy even the most demanding bettors.
Proper sports coverage is the cornerstone of every successful online sportsbook, and Spreads.ca does not disappoint. You’ll find international coverage of almost 30 sports, including some of the top leagues and events for Canadians, such as the NHL, NFL, and the NBA. You’ll also find less popular sports, like Gaelic football, as well as politics coverage.
What I found very impressive was the inclusion of leagues and events from all around the world in most sports. The soccer section, in particular, included even more tournaments and leagues than most soccer betting sites. Being a big soccer betting fan, I was pleasantly surprised and certain that the same applies to other sports.
Another great aspect of Spreads.ca is its excellent selection of betting markets. When you browse through different matches, you’ll find a plethora of markets that include the standard moneyline picks, totals, and point spreads and extend to multiple team and player props, as well as tons of future bets. Plus, the sportsbook offers tons of betting lines and some of the most competitive odds in the market.
What stood out to me as a slight weakness was the lacklustre number of player props in some sports. For basketball, in particular, I found a lack of certain important player props that are present in other online basketball betting sites. Still, if you don’t bet on these markets too much, you won’t find any issues with the betting selection of Spreads.ca.
The banking options at Spreads.ca feel somewhat lacking. As a Canadian-based sportsbook, Spreads.ca offers several Canadian-friendly payment methods, such as Interac, along with popular options like credit cards, debit cards, and bank transfers. However, it lacks some very important modern deposit options like e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
Additionally, only a few of the payment methods are actually available for withdrawals, which severely limits the options for customers. You might disagree with me on this, but I feel that every successful sportsbook should offer many options for a player to withdraw their winnings.
All in all, the banking options of Spreads.ca are satisfactory but could use some improvements, such as incorporating more methods. But, if you only use traditional methods like your credit card, you won’t have any issues depositing or withdrawing your money.
Customer support is one of the strongest points of Spreads.ca and an essential part of all top sportsbooks. You can contact the Spreads.ca customer support through email, a 24/7 live chat, as well as a ticket form if your issue requires an additional explanation.
During my first few hours with the sportsbook, I faced a small issue and reached out to customer support through their live chat. I was greeted by a very friendly and professional agent who understood my problem and gave me clear and concise instructions on how to solve it.
I was pleasantly surprised by the customer support team’s promptness and effectiveness, which makes me recommend their services to anyone who has any problem with the Spreads.ca platform.
Mobile betting apps have become increasingly popular over the past couple of years since everyone’s smartphone is powerful enough to handle them these days. Therefore, every successful sportsbook should aim for a top-notch mobile experience for all its customers.
The overall mobile experience of Spreads.ca is good, with one major issue; the lack of a proper app for iOS. If you have an iPhone, you can use your browser and navigate to the Spreads.ca mobile website, which is very well-optimized and runs without issues on all devices.
However, if you prefer a dedicated mobile app, then you’ll need an Android phone. The app itself is very similar to the website and offers a great browsing experience with fluid animations and a 3D effect, as well as minimal lagging. Plus, since it’s based on the online website, you’ll easily find everything you’re looking for in the same place.
All in all, my Spreads.ca experience was great, and I would easily recommend Canadian bettors to give it a try. In this Spreads.ca review, my purpose was to provide you with all the necessary information, as well as my view on the most important features of the sportsbook.
There are definitely some aspects of Spreads.ca that could be improved, primarily the lacklustre welcome bonus, subpar selection of payment methods, and lack of an iOS app.
But, in the end, the sportsbook left me feeling satisfied, and I would easily consider using it again in the future. Keep in mind, though, that my opinion may not resonate with you completely. What I believe to be a weakness may be an advantage or just irrelevant to you. Always do your own research on every sportsbook, so you can see if it fits your sports betting needs..
Spreads.ca Score & Rating
Bonuses and promotions: Excellent ongoing offers, but welcome package feels subpar
Mobile compatibility and apps: Great mobile website & Android app, but no iOS app
Banking and payout speed: Canadian-friendly banking methods but high withdrawal times
Key features: Great live betting section and easy-to-navigate website, but no cash-out
Security and trust: Canadian-based provider with official licensing
Customer Support: Top-notch customer support with 24/7 live chat
Spreads.ca sports bonuses and promotions
After you’ve learned the basics about the Spreads.ca sportsbook, it’s time to dive deeper into one of the most important features of any sportsbook; its different bonuses and promotions. In order to stay competitive, every betting site needs generous free bet offers and ongoing promos for bonus cash and prizes.
Spreads.ca offers sports-specific promos that you can participate in and get a $20 free bet after you’ve placed 10 bets of $10 or more each. You can find these promos for the NHL, NBA, and soccer matches, as well as UFC events. Keep in mind that each sport has specific terms & conditions, including minimum odds of 1.5 (-200) for each bet.
Another popular offer from the Spreads.ca sportsbook is parlay insurance. If you place a 4-leg or higher parlay bet, and only 1 of the legs misses, you get your stake refunded up to $50 as a casino bonus. Each leg of your parlay needs a minimum of 1.3 (-333) odds, and the total parlay odds must be 5.0 (+400) for your bet to qualify.
The Spreads.ca casino offers a few generous promos for both new and existing customers. There’s a specific casino welcome bonus that includes a 100% match on your first deposit of up to $250. Additionally, Spreads.ca has numerous ongoing daily and weekly offers that give out bonus prizes and free spins on your favourite slots.
- Daily Spin for $1 Million: This is the simplest promo you’ll find on the Spreads.ca casino and is available to all players, provided they’ve met certain deposit criteria. Every day, you get one free spin for a chance at cash prizes. The grand prize of this promo is $1,000,000.
- Friend Referral System: ca offers a standard referral system where you can earn cash prizes with every new player you invite to the casino. Once the new player signs up, deposits, and wagers $25 or more, you’ll earn a $50 cash prize that you can use on any casino game.
- Daily Casino Promos: At Spreads.ca, you get a different daily bonus depending on the day of the week. Most of these offers are small reload bonuses when you make a valid deposit, along with free spins for a chance at the $1 million jackpot prize. On Thursdays, the daily offer gives you an additional $5 for referrals, for a total of $55 per new player.
Spreads.ca Sports Welcome Package
A sportsbook welcome package is a collection of betting offers every sportsbook provides for its new players. This package can include several bonuses, such as deposit matches, sign-up bonuses, and free bets. The Spreads.ca welcome bonus consists of two different promos that give out free spins and a free bet to every new customer.
Spreads.ca Welcome Bonus
When you sign up with Spreads.ca, you get 10 free spins for a chance at a $1 million grand prize. Then, if you make a deposit of $25 or higher, you get a Spreads.ca free bet of $50.
How to claim the Spreads.ca Welcome Bonus
- To claim the Spreads.ca bonus for new users, you only need to follow a few simple steps:
- Visit the Spreads.ca website and sign up for a new account.
- Once you finish the account creation process, you can use your 10 free spins on the $1M jackpot.
- Deposit $25 or more to claim a $50 free bet. There’s no specific Spreads.ca promo code to get this offer.
- Use your $50 free bet on any sports event and betting market you want.
Spreads.ca Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
Most sports betting bonuses come with specific terms and conditions that you need to fulfill. However, the Spreads.ca bonus has very few light conditions you must meet. To begin with, the no-deposit bonus only requires you to sign up for a brand-new account. The $50 free bet bonus demands a $25 or higher deposit but has no rollover requirements before you can get it.
Naturally, you must be aware of the general terms & conditions that come with all bonuses and promos, such as a minimum age of 19 and a permanent residence in Canada. But, other than that, the Spreads.ca welcome package doesn’t have many restrictions, which is very beneficial for all new players.
Spreads.ca Sports best features
After you create your account and claim your bonuses, you’ll obviously want to start betting as soon as possible. Before you do so, you should learn about the different sports features that Spreads.ca has to offer. A feature is a particular aspect of a sportsbook that players can use to give them an advantage.
In this part of our Spreads.ca sportsbook review, we’ll take a look at some of the platform’s unique features and how to utilize them.
Same Game Parlay
We all know what a parlay is and how fun it can be to combine different betting selections from different matches. However, there are times when you want to combine betting markets from the same match. That’s where the Same Game Parlay feature comes into play and allows you to choose two or more selections from the same sports game or event.
Personally, I’m a big fan of same-game parlays, as they allow me to make combinations of different markets like moneyline picks, totals, and prop bets. I was able to use the Spreads.ca Same Game Parlay to create successful parlays of moneyline bets and player props in soccer and NBA matches, which yielded large profits.
24/7 Live Chat
When it comes to customer support, a live chat function is essential, as it’s the easiest and fastest way to solve most problems. Spreads.ca features a 24/7 live chat option which can be very helpful for all players. If you ever run into trouble with your account, just click the live chat button to contact the customer support team through live chat, and they’ll help you solve any issues.
During my time using the Spreads.ca sportsbook, I did run into a few issues and chose to get in touch with customer support through the 24/7 live chat feature. My waiting time was always very short, and once I connected with an agent, solving my problem was quick and simple.
Over the past few years, live betting in Canada has become even more popular, to the point where all sportsbooks have a live betting page. The Spreads.ca live betting section is one of its strongest features, as it’s very thorough and includes coverage of sports and leagues from all around the world.
I was pleasantly surprised with my experience with the Spreads.ca live betting feature. I was able to find most of the sports and events I wanted and had access to tons of live betting markets to choose from. The lack of a live streaming function is a downside, but the handy Match Tracker gave me a better picture of how the game was going and allowed me to place better live bets.
Spreads.ca Sports Coverage
When it comes to sports coverage, the Spreads.ca sportsbook does not disappoint. Similar to most other sportsbooks, Spreads.ca covers all the popular sports and leagues and then some. You’ll find common sports like basketball, football, and baseball, as well as less popular ones like snooker and different motorsport events. Some of the most well-known sports that Spreads.ca covers include:
- Ice Hockey
Spreads.ca Ice Hockey
Ice hockey has always been heavily linked with Canada’s culture, as every hockey game brings Canadians together to support their favourite team. At Spreads.ca, you’ll find coverage of all NHL games throughout the regular season and playoffs, as well as coverage for NCAA hockey games.
Additionally, if you’re a fan of international hockey, you’ll find one of the best selections of available leagues among hockey betting sites. Spreads.ca covers all the popular European leagues, as well as a few select International competitions. Moreover, you can utilize the vast selection of Spreads.ca betting markets for hockey matches, including tons of team and player props.
Arguably the most common North American sport, football is one of the top sports for Canadians. If you enjoy watching the NFL, you’ll find no shortage of match coverage at Spreads.ca. You’ll also find proper coverage for college football, as well as minor leagues like the XFL.
Among NFL betting sites, Spreads.ca combines one of the largest selections of football betting markets, along with some of the most competitive odds you can find. On top of that, throughout the NFL season, particularly during the playoffs, you’ll find some very lucrative football promos that get you tons of free bets.
When it comes to soccer, most Canadians are interested in the top five European leagues, as well as the best European cups. Spreads.ca provides one of the broadest coverage of soccer leagues around the world, so you won’t run out of betting options anytime soon. You’ll also find thorough coverage of the MLS in case you want to bet on your favourite American or Canadian team.
What stands out the most about Spreads.ca is its wide array of soccer betting markets, which you’ll only find on the best soccer betting platforms. From all the regular markets to unique team props, and even special bets, you’ll have no shortage of options to choose from. On top of that, you’ll find very competitive odds, so you can make the most out of your betting.
Basketball is a very common sport to watch and bet on for most Canadians. Even though Canada has its own basketball league, most people enjoy watching their fellow Canadian players thrive in the top leagues in the world, such as the NBA.
Compared to other NBA betting sites, Spreads.ca offers a larger variety of betting lines to choose from, as well as specific player props. You’ll also find proper coverage of the WNBA, the NCAAB, and the WNCAAB, as well as International leagues and competitions.
Spreads.ca sponsorship deals
Most successful sportsbooks will look to add their logo on the jersey of a famous sports team or endorse certain players. However, due to the relatively young age of Spreads.ca, the sportsbook doesn’t currently have any ongoing sponsorship deals with any sports organizations. Nevertheless, the future looks very bright for this nascent sportsbook, and we’ll probably be seeing it on many popular teams in no time..
Spreads.ca Betting Markets & Types of Bets Available
So far, we have mentioned a couple of different bet types and betting markets throughout this Spreads.ca sportsbook review. Let’s now take a detailed look at the most popular betting markets and bet types available on Spreads.ca.
Spreads.ca Betting Markets
- Moneyline: By far the most common betting market, the moneyline simply predicts the eventual winner of the match. There are two different types of moneyline bets. There’s the classic 2-way moneyline that you’ll usually find on NFL matches and includes any overtimes, as well as a 3-way moneyline that’s common in soccer and hockey and has an option for a tie.
- Point Spreads: A point spread is another popular betting market that’s commonly used in games with strong favourites and big underdogs. It essentially gives a points or goals handicap to the favourite that they need to overcome. For example, a bet on -9.5 for the Boston Celtics against the Washington Wizards means the Celtics need to win by 10 points or more for the bet to win.
- Totals: Totals are also found as Over/Under bets and revolve around how many points or goals a team or both teams will score in a match. Top sportsbooks, like Spreads.ca, will usually give you multiple lines to pick from for the total goals. For instance, if an NHL match has a line of 7.5 total goals, then the Over bet wins if the total number of goals is 8 or more. If the goals are 7 or fewer, the Under bet wins.
Spreads.ca Types of Bets Available
- Parlay Bets: Parlay bets are the second most common bet type after single bets. Also known as accumulators in some parts of the world, parlays are a fun and interesting way to combine betting picks from different matches to get higher odds. However, their biggest downside is that if even one of your parlay legs misses, the whole bet loses unless your sportsbook provides some form of parlay insurance.
- Prop Bets: Proposition or “prop” bets are a unique bet type in the sense that they don’t always affect the game’s final outcome. Instead, they are predictions about specific events within a match, such as which team will score first. There are also player prop bets which revolve around personal stats like goals, assists, and points in a game.
- Future Bets: Future bets are long-term options you normally place before the season begins but are also available throughout its duration. These bets are usually centred around the winner of a league or cup, the winner of an award, as well as which teams will get into the playoffs or the final stages of a competition.
Spreads.ca Sports mobile apps
With modern-day smartphones being powerful enough to handle any computer task, more and more people turn to mobile sportsbook apps to do their sports betting. Spreads.ca offers a good overall mobile experience through its dedicated Android app and well-optimized mobile website.
You can find the Spreads.ca app download link on their website or by searching directly in the app store of your phone. Once you download it, just sign in using your Spreads.ca login credentials, and you’ll land on the app home page.
From there, it only takes a few seconds to find all the leagues and sports you want since the interface is very simple to use and similar to the online website. I had no issues browsing through the app and placing my bets just as I would on my computer.
Unfortunately, as an iPhone user, the lack of a dedicated Spreads.ca app for iOS meant I had to pull out my backup Android phone to test it. Still, I was able to comfortably browse the Spreads.ca mobile website from my iPhone without any lagging or stuttering. Plus, the website layout and design with large icons make it easy to navigate around.
Spreads.ca banking options
Now that you’ve learned more about the different betting sports and betting markets that Spreads.ca offers, it’s time to top up your account and place a bet. Since Spreads.ca is Canadian-based, it supports several payment methods Canadians prefer, such as Interac, iDebit, InstaDebit, and NeoSurf. You’ll also find other common banking methods like credit/debit cards and bank transfers.
Unfortunately, though, you won’t find some popular e-wallets or even an option to deposit through cryptocurrencies. Still, if you prefer to do your transactions using traditional payment methods like me, you’ll have no issues with the available banking options at Spreads.ca. Plus, the sportsbook could always add more payment methods in the future.
To make a deposit, just click on your profile icon and select “Deposit”. Then, choose your preferred payment method, and input any necessary financial details. Finally, select the amount you want to deposit and complete the transaction. What’s impressive is that Spreads.ca has a very low minimum deposit of C$10, which makes it very accessible for new bettors.
To request a Spreads.ca withdrawal, you’ll need to have completed the account verification process first. Then, you can use one of the available withdrawal methods and follow a similar process as you would for a deposit. Keep in mind that the maximum amount you can withdraw during a 24-hour period is C$10,000.
Is Spreads.ca legal in Canada? Can we trust betting on Spreads.ca Sportsbook?
You should always ensure your preferred sportsbook operates legally and under regulation to ensure you won’t get scammed. Remember that, at bettingonlinecanada.com, we only review and recommend safe sportsbooks that are officially licensed for regulated operation.
As a Canadian-based sportsbook, it’s only fitting that Spreads.ca has been licensed and regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission since 2018. This licence allows the sportsbook to operate legally and provide services within most Canadian provinces.
One sore spot in the sportsbook’s operation is its lack of an iGaming licence from Ontario. However, the team behind Spreads.ca has been working on obtaining a proper licence from the AGCO for a while now, so it’s only a matter of time before it’s available in the Ontario market. Nevertheless, until this happens, Ontario residents are not allowed to gamble with Spreads.ca.
Spreads.ca Customer Support
All in all, the Spreads.ca customer support service can only be described as excellent, and it’s one of the sportsbook’s strongest points. Whenever I wanted some information or faced a slight problem with my account, contacting customer support and solving my issue was extremely fast and simple.
If you run into any trouble, make sure to visit their help section first, where you’ll find some of the most frequently asked questions. Otherwise, you can contact customer support through email, their 24/7 live chat service, or submit an online ticket, and the team will promptly answer your request.
Spreads.ca How to Guide
Here’s a quick how-to guide to help you learn how to create a new account, place your first bet and withdraw your winnings.
How to sign up with Spreads.ca
The Spreads.ca registration is very simple, and you’ll easily get through it in a few minutes, even if you’ve never signed up for a sportsbook before. You’ll need to provide your personal details as well as an email and password, which will be your credentials.
Here is how to complete the entire sign-up process in a few simple steps:
- Visit the Spreads.ca website and click on the “Join” button.
- Fill in your email address and a strong password. You can also choose if you want to receive the welcome bonus.
- On the next page, fill in your full name, date of birth, and address, which you’ll need to verify later.
- Tick any necessary boxes regarding terms & conditions, make sure your details are correct, and complete the registration.
- After you complete the verification process, you can enjoy your welcome package and start betting.
How to place your first sports bet
Placing a bet is very easy, and you can either do it through your computer or the Spreads.ca mobile app.
Here are the few steps you need to take to place your first bet:
- Login to your account using your Spreads.ca sign in credentials.
- Ensure you have enough funds and navigate to your preferred sport.
- Find the match you want to bet on, pick your preferred betting market, and place it in your betslip.
- Put in the amount you want to wager and click “Place Bets”
How to withdraw your winnings
To request a Spreads.ca withdrawal, you only need to follow a few quick and easy steps:
- Sign in to your Spreads.ca account.
- Click on your profile icon and select “Withdraw”.
- Choose your preferred banking option and how much you want to withdraw.
- Fill in any financial details and complete the transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spreads.ca
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about the Spreads.ca sportsbook:
Is Spreads.ca legit?
Does Spreads.ca accept all Canadian residents?
What are the deposit and withdrawal limits on Spreads.ca?
What is the account verification process on Spreads.ca?
Does Spreads.ca offer a self-exclusion program?
Julian Miller is a Canadian writer and an avid sports fan. He has years of experience in the iGaming industry, having started writing while completing his university studies in Montreal, Quebec. In 2022, he graduated, and has since been working full-time in the iGaming space. He has a particular fondness for the English Premier League — though he also has plenty of experience covering football, basketball, and other sports.